A COPY OF THIS PROGRAM CAN BE ORDERED FROM THE "ORF TONBANDDIENST"
“The dialogue between sound and space is the primary concern of my work. A space (architectural, urban, private, public, dreamed or real) is the initial generator of the concept, while sound has an intensely powerful ability to reconstruct past experiences, calling up different images or moods with little more than a minor change in value or tone. In its exploration of the conceptual relationship between sound and space, my work navigates the rapid transformations of my surroundings, mapping the effects of ‘globalisation’ on local traditions, the phenomenological experience of the individual in the city, and interpersonal relationships. As part and parcel of these interests, my work often involves the evocation of personal or shared memories, recalling now outmoded technological innovations, for instance, or engaging with the historical past of a certain public space.”
All works were produced in Cairo, Egypt, by the artist in his studio.
- Audio workshop7 (3:20) / 2002
- Exorcism (3:00) / 2001
- Manal – recording 4 (3:00) / 2003
- Form through light (6:56) / 2005
- Gradiva – Excerpt (5:40) / 2012
- Side walk – Cairo 4pm (6:33) / 2008
- Sound cells – Fridays no.7 (2:00) / 2013
- Sound cells – Fridays no.9 (6.15) / 2013
- Untitled (3:50) / 2010
- Sound Element – Live in Cairo (9:00) / 2009
- Artist interview (6:00) /2014