works in various areas of the sonic arts; from electronica to
interactive installations, from sonic interventions to orchestral
compositions. Presentations of his work have included concerts and
installations at festivals and institutions such as Ballett Frankfurt,
Volksoper Wien, the Institute for Contemporary Art London, Musikverein
Wien, the ZKM and the Huddersfield Festival of Contemporary Music.
Born 1971 near Vienna he studied composition at the city's University
of Music and Performing Arts and philosophy at the University of
Vienna. 1997 - 2002 he spent in London working as a freelance artist, a
research fellow at the Royal College of Arts and external lecturer at
the London Institute. He gained a PhD in electroacoustic composition
from City University London and currently holds a
lectureship at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna.
Further information available online under http://www.volkmarklien.com.
Sendungen im Kunstradio:
14. 01. 2007: Wiencouver 1906 Long-Distance-Live-Performance
07. 09. 2008: „Má Vlast / Mein Vaterland / My Fatherland“
08. 03. 2009: Art’s Birthday 2009 Review – Teil 3
02. 12. 2012: Kunstradio Classics 2 – Aus dem Archiv 2012 - Teil 16: „Má Vlast / Mein Vaterland / My Fatherland“
06. 10. 2013: „Personal Soundscapes“
12. 10. 2014: „Personal Soundscapes“
Projekte im Kunstradio: