“The body is a soundfactory and it never never stops”, said Henri Chopin, “and every human is an orchestra with different sounds.”
Henri Chopin, performance artist and founder of the "poesie sonore", died in January 2008, aged 85. In memory of Chopin, Kunstradio re-plays "Don t Follow me. Follow your life" by Bruno Pisek.
In 2005, the avantgarde poet Henri Chopin visited the “Schule für Dichtung” in Vienna and held – together with Bruno Pisek – a sound poetry workshop. Based on recordings of voices and breath, that were made during Chopin’s stay in Vienna as well as during Bruno Pisek’s visit in England, Pisek developed the radio art piece „Don’t Follow me. Follow your life“. He considers it a homage to life.
Nachruf Henri Chopin Ö1 Online
Schule für Dichtung
Henri Chopin on ubuweb
Photos Henri Chopin by Joachim Montessuis
Henri Chopin im Kunstradio:
22. Dezember 1988: The Art of Sampling
1998: Drahtlose Phantasie
10. September 2000: Aktuelle Arbeiten von Chris Mann
07. Jänner 2001: DIE STIMME HINTERLÄSST SEHR WOHL EINEN EINDRUCK BEI DEM, DER HÖRT.
6. April 2003: HOMO SONORUS - An International Anthology of Sound Poetry
10. April 2005: Don’t Follow me. Follow your life